Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finally a quick update

Finally time for a little update. Most everyone knows this already, but I haven't posted it on the website yet. Nadja is pregnant!! She's in her 4th month now and the baby is due October 28th, at about 7:32PM (after I come home from work, and have had a little to eat!). Click "read more..." to see the rest.

This semester at NCSU is winding down. The coming week is the so called "dead week", because everyone wishes they were dead. Ha ha, just kidding. It's the last week of classes where professors cannot have tests or give assignments of any significant nature. The following week is the first week of finals. They start April 30 and end May 8. I have finals on both the first and last days, but since I'm not traveling right after, I don't care.

I now have a nice job with a nice company called WebAssign. They have a math and sciences online homework system that randomizes the problems so that each student has a unique problem (solved by the same methods, but the parameters of the problem are unique to the student). This allows for collaboration, but makes it impossible to simply copy answers (in most cases) because the right answer for one person, is wrong for another person. I have two jobs there. One is to code the questions, and the other is to test questions.

Nadja and I will be taking an extended trip to Germany this summer. Yay. Tickets have been booked (and weren't the cheapest things on this planet!). Since my job at WebAssign is not inherently tied to an office, I can work while in Germany, so that we don't go broke.

I recently added some storage space to the house by cutting a hole in the wall in our upstairs. See the pictures in the Gallery under North Carolina, Our House, Attic.

I posted some pictures of our yard in the North Carolina, Our House, Yard folder. Also, I posted some new cat pictures under North Carolina, Cats.

The ultra sound picture is at the bottom of the main gallery page. It's a blob!

No comments: