Monday, February 11, 2008

Germany: Stolen laptop

Well, it's time for another update.
First, my laptop got stolen. Too bad. I left one window open a crack and they used that to open the other window and take out my laptop (which was sitting near the window). Since the window had bars in front of it, they we're able to get in and steal other stuff.

50 days until the wedding day. We booked a honeymoon. We're going to Malaga, Spain, the warmest point in Europe (it should get up to the low 70's on average in Spring). At the moment, it's 60 degrees there. We're going on the 15th, which is 4 days after the wedding. Sadly, we have to leave bright and early to catch the flight, which leaves the airport at 7AM, so we have to leave Freiburg at 4:45AM. Bus+Hotel+Flight only cost $480 for both of us for a week. Not bad at all in my opinion.

The semester is almost over. My only final exam is on the 11th (of February). I am already done with all the graded material in one class, and the last class's grade is based only on homework.

We've started buying stuff for our apartment here in Germany, but we don't want to buy much. We found a dresser in the garbage and we bought a bedframe for 19 euros ($23). We got a mattress for free and I am building an additional part for the frame (the German's don't use boxsprings, so you need to have a solid floor to put the mattress on. I'm going to build one myself out of junked pieces of wood instead of paying 50 euros!).

I should probably do homework, but I really don't feel like it. Freakin' class schedule for next semester still hasn't been published... Oh, well. Instead of doing homework, I think I'll update the house blog.

No comments: