Monday, February 11, 2008

Germany: DEUTSCHLAND!!!! June 15, 2004

Well, tonight Deutschland (Germany:-)) is playing Holland (playing=playing soccer). The game starts in 1 hour and 45 minutes, I can already feel the tension in the air. I heard a German say something along the lines of "I don't think Holland likes us because we're so big, and they're so small, and we go on vacation there". Anyway, there seems to be a friendly (ha!) rivalry between Holland and Germany.

I'm going to a friend's place to watch the game. There will probably be a decent number of people there. Since I am an anthropologist in disguise, I'll take some pictures and take some notes.

In other news, I move back to UConn on the 28th. That gives me 18 days of free time in America, during which I will record a hardcore version of "itsy-bitsy spider". The song can be played with one chord, which makes it super-hardcore. I'll have another roommate next semester.

I think for the fall semester I will open a new forum on this message board for "Michael in America". I figure it'll be nice to have a website where I record one semester of my normal life as a college student. That will be my last semester of college in America - and hopefully my most interesting, and probably my most stressful.

Well, I'll post again later (probably tomorrow).

-Mike

No comments: