Monday, February 11, 2008

Germany: End of the language course. April 4, 2005

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't updated for a while. I've been quite busy with this, that and the other.
Our applications for the Freiburg university were sent to the wrong person, so we didn't have permission to sign up as university students. After a lot of question-asking, and waiting in lines, and going all over the place, I think the problem is mostly fixed. I'll post the full story once the story is over. At the moment, we still aren't signed up, but we'll be able to do it soon.

Anyhow, my language course is now over. Our final exam also served as an entrance exam for the university (however, I don't need to actually pass any entrance exam, since I am an exchange student, and not a normal foreign student). Therefore, the exam was the university.

The exam was at 10AM and we had to be there at 9AM and it was a couple days after the time change (we set the clocks back a week earlier in Germany). So we were sitting in the room, with the test booklets upside down. The first part was listening comprehension. Someone started giving some introductory words and we were all waiting for him to say something like "Ok, take out your booklets, fill out the form on the front and read through the questions". But then the introductory words just flowed into the text that we were supposed to be hearing. Then you see 100 students grabbing for their exam booklets to start making notes. Thankfully the guy noticed, and he stopped, and we were able to do everything properly.

Other than that, the test went fine.

Today I just got the result (for some reason, the university didn't post the results of the people from the language school, so we had to go to the language school). I got a 98% (66% is passing). I'll be getting a graded certificate shortly.

Well, I'll post another (most interesting update soon) with a long saga about trying to sign up for the university.

Archived comments:
Mom:
Congratulations on your excellent score!

I'm waiting with much interest for your updates....

No comments: